What is Dry Cleaning?
Dry cleaning is a method of cleaning clothes that uses solvents instead of water. The solvent contains little or no water, hence the term “dry cleaning”. This means that your clothes are not soaked in water, which can help to prevent them from shrinking or fading.
Why should you Dry Clean your clothes?
There are several reasons why you might want to opt for dry cleaning instead of washing them at home.
- Dry cleaning is better for delicate fabrics such as silk, wool, and velvet. These fabrics can be easily damaged if they are washed in a washing machine. Dry cleaning is a gentler process that protects these fabrics from spoilage.
- Dry cleaning can remove tough stains as Dry cleaners have access to specialized chemicals that can remove even the toughest stains.
- Dry cleaning can help to keep your clothes looking their best because it can help remove wrinkles and restore the shape of your clothes.
What items should you Dry Clean?
Here are some items that you should always dry clean:
- Suits and dresses
- Coats and jackets
- Sweaters and cardigans
- Silk blouses and shirts
- Wool skirts and pants
- Leather and suede garments
How do I choose a dry cleaner?
When choosing a dry cleaner, it is important to find one that is knowledgeable and experienced. You should enquire about the dry cleaner’s use of solvents and chemicals.
How much does dry cleaning cost?
The cost of dry cleaning will fluctuate depending on the item being cleaned and also the reputation of the shop. However, the average cost of dry cleaning is between 4 pounds to 18 pounds per item.
Is Dry Cleaning worth it?
Dry cleaning is the best option when you are dealing with a delicate fabric or a tough stain that cannot be removed by just washing. Dry cleaning helps your clothes to preserve their quality and texture also giving them longevity.
Tips for Dry Cleaning
Here are a few tips for dry cleaning:
- Check the care label on your clothes. The care label has all the necessary information if the item should be dry cleaned or hand washed.
- When packing your clothes for dry cleaning, make sure to check all the pockets to make sure if there is any item left in the pocket. It would be best if you also turned the clothes inside out.
- When you drop off your clothes, be sure to tell the dry cleaner about any stains that you are aware of. This will give them an idea beforehand and then they can remove the stains more effectively.
- Be sure to pick up your clothes promptly once it’s done dry cleaning, this will prevent them from wrinkling.
Dry cleaning is a great way to keep your clothes looking their best. By following these tips, you can ensure that you have a good dry-cleaning experience.